Jean-Philippe MORENCY, B.Sc. – Head Running Coach
Bachelor in biology, biotechnology option of the University of Sherbrooke, Jean-Philippe Morency is the owner and head coach KinO2 Consultation. Passionate about running for over 24 years, including ten as a coach, he has extensive experience and a solid reputation in the field.
He is also a father, pushing his two son in his double stroller. Schedule management is a second nature to him!
Achievements as a coach
- Coach of the Year – Men’s Track and Field, Réseau du Sport Étudiant du Québec 2010-2011
- Head Coach – Team athletics and cross-country Rouge et Or Laval University (Quebec universities track and field champions 2011);
- Lecturer – Track and field didactic, – Laval University
- Assistant coach – Vert & Or cross-country team, Sherbrooke University (Canadian universities track and field champions 2007).
More than twenty runners qualified for the Boston Marathon by following his advice.
Achievements as an athlete
- Bronze medalist in the 600m – Canadian University Championships 2005
- Captain of the Sherbrooke University Vert et Or track and field team (2003-2005);
- Canadian University Champions 1999 and 2000 – Vert & Or men’s track team (Maurice award for Team of the Year – 2000 Gala Sports-Québec);
- Bronze medalist in the 800m – Canadian Junior Championship in 1997.
KinO2 Consultation est finaliste au concours québécois en entreprenariat 2013.